Axine’s electraCLEAR™ PFAS Destruction in Semiconductor Wastewater
Challenges in Managing PFAS in Semiconductor Wastewater
Many semiconductor manufacturing operations, including photolithography, rely on PFAS-based compounds. Anticipated global regulations of these compounds present potential challenges for operations. Axine Water Technologies offers a solution to proactively address these challenges, while meeting environmental and sustainability goals. Axine’s electraCLEAR™ electrochemical oxidation technology is a simple, cost-effective solution. Partnering with Axine allows semiconductor manufacturers to focus on core operations, unburdened by PFAS wastewater concerns, with results that are guaranteed.
A Timely Solution
Axine’s electraCLEAR electrochemical oxidation process utilizes multiple types of electrode materials to produce powerful direct and indirect oxidizing conditions. Our highly advanced controls optimize treatment in real time to completely destroy PFAS molecules back to their harmless elemental building blocks. Customers are guaranteed to meet the most stringent regulations with no waste residuals.
Table 1 – Wastewater compounds and treatment results. *Indicates results under reporting limits for the PFAS compound of interest (2 ng/L for all PFAS except for PFBA which is 20 ng/L)
Proven PFAS Destruction
electraCLEAR is the first commercial-scale electrochemical oxidation system with proven 3+ log (>99.9%) destruction of both long and short-chain PFAS compounds. Performance results from various sources and concentrations demonstrate the system’s ability to deliver reliable performance even under challenging conditions. A comprehensive table below presents our PFAS destruction performance, validating electraCLEAR’s efficacy across diverse sources and concentrations.
Advantages of electraCLEAR
- Complete PFAS Destruction: Achieve >99.9% mineralization of PFAS molecules and other contaminants.
- Powerful Technology: Utilizes multiple electrode materials with advanced AI and Machine Learning for continuous real-time optimization.
- Simple Integration: Modular design facilitates easy integration in containerized or standalone configurations.
- Process Safety: Operates at ambient temperature and pressure, eliminating safety concerns associated with high thermal oxidation processes.
- Guaranteed Performance: Proven through over 130,000 hours of continuous full-scale operation, backed by Axine’s Treatment-as-a-Service approach.
Proven Solutions with Guaranteed Results
With over 7 years of experience in destroying contaminants in industrial wastewater, Axine’s electraCLEAR provides a safe, 24/7 on-site solution. With Treatment-as-a-Service, Axine guarantees compliance with current and future regulations, allowing our customers to focus on their core operations while we address their PFAS wastewater concerns.
Partner with Axine
Partner with Axine to safeguard your operations against PFAS regulatory challenges and ensure a sustainable, compliant, and efficient future for semiconductor manufacturing.