Technical Sales Director, Europe
Reports To: VP Sales
Location: Open but must be close to a major airport hub (e.g. Frankfurt, etc.)
Please note this position is designed for candidates with a minimum of 7-10 years of business development and sales experience with a water or wastewater treatment company. Candidates must have a proven track record directly leading a complex sales process targeting corporate and facility level customers in the pharmaceutical, chemical manufacturing, electronics and/or petrochemical markets. Candidates who do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
Axine (www.axinewater.com) is a leading wastewater technology and services company based in Vancouver, Canada. Axine has developed a new standard for treating toxic organics pollutants in a wide range industrial wastewater to address a global problem for manufacturers in the pharmaceutical, chemical, electronics and other manufacturing industries.
Our technology is fully proven, we’ve secured early reference customers and we have a growing pipeline of multinational customers. We have an experienced leadership team with a track record of successfully building technology companies. We are entering a period of scale-up, growth and expansion and expanding our team.
Axine is seeking a highly experienced and exceptional individual to lead our commercial expansion into the European market. The successful candidate will help identify, develop, manage and expand relationships with end-user customers at both the corporate and facility level predominantly in the pharmaceutical manufacturing and chemical industries. The successful candidate will be responsible for up-front prospecting and business development efforts including cold calls, creating interest, qualifying targets (both technically and commercially), positioning service programs, scope development and proposal generation, negotiating and closing long-term service agreements, and full commercial deployment at customer sites.
- Identify, develop, manage and expand relationships with strategic corporate customers in the pharmaceutical and other industrial target markets
- Identify, contact and qualify prospective customers in target market verticals and build a pipeline of early adopters
- Develop business cases, proposals, agreements and POs for pilots and early commercial sales working with end users and manufacturing sites
- Work to implement early applications including field pilots and commercial deployments with early adopters in pharmaceutical and other industrial markets
- Help evaluate and prioritize Axine’s marketing strategy and prioritization of vertical markets including pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacturing, microelectronics and others, as required. Understand market competition and map customer decision making processes
- As a leader in your field, provide input into business development strategy and tactics, sales processes, marketing strategy and collateral materials
- Develop and maintain rigorous standards for sales and business development documentation, customer profiles and reporting
- Help analyze competing technologies and benchmark with Axine solutions to establish corporate and facility level value proposition
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum B.Sc. in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, chemistry or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ work experience in business development and sales with a water or wastewater treatment company
- Must have existing wastewater contacts and relationships in Axine’s target pharmaceutical and chemical industrial markets
- Must have deep knowledge of and experience with industrial wastewater treatment technologies, costs, and suppliers including advanced oxidation, membranes, adsorption, biological and electrochemical processes
- Strong technology marketing, business development and sales skills working with early stage water/wastewater technologies and a proven track record closing early-stage testing, piloting, demonstration, joint development and other commercial agreements and securing POs with large corporate customers
- Demonstrated capability to identify, establish and develop relationship with key decision-makers (corporate and facility level) at large industrial customers leading to early sales
- Demonstrated effective ability to succeed in a cross functional “team” selling environment
- Extremely strong written/verbal communications and interpersonal skills. Must be a persuasive influencer in the development process.
- Formidable personal sales pursuit and capture skills complimented by superb technical, analytical, strategic planning, proposal development/management and presentation abilities.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, maturity and competitive drive to be successful.
- Ability to work independently and travel extensively within Europe (up to 75%) to pursue the development of new business.