Regional Sales Manager – Midwest, US
Reports To: VP Sales
Location: Midwest, US
Requirements: Please note this position is designed for candidates with a minimum of 5 years of business development and sales experience with a water, wastewater or clean technology company. Candidates must have a proven track record directly leading a complex sales process targeting user customers in the pharmaceutical, chemical manufacturing, electronics and/or petrochemical markets. Candidates who do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
About Axine: Axine (www.axinewater.com) is an early-stage company, based in Vancouver, Canada that has developed a breakthrough technology for treating high concentrations of ammonia and organic pollutants in industrial wastewater at lower cost and superior performance compared to incumbent approaches.
Axine is entering a period of growth and expansion. The Company has completed developing, prototyping and scaling-up its first commercial applications. Field pilots are underway with early adopter, multinational customers in target markets including pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacturing, electronics and others.
The Company has a highly experienced leadership team with a track record of successfully commercializing and deploying industrial technologies. Axine has also attracted some of the most experienced cleantech investors including Asahi Kasei, Chrysalix Energy Ventures, The Roda Group and the venture arm of the Business Development Bank of Canada.
Job Description: Axine sells wastewater treatment services directly to industrial end users at the manufacturing plant level. We are seeking a highly experienced and exceptional individual to play a key role in developing and managing relationships with end-user customers. Working in tandem with Axine’s senior leadership team, in-house applications, engineering and account specific project teams, the successful candidate will be responsible for up-front prospecting and business development efforts including cold calls, creating interest, qualifying targets, positioning service programs, scope development and proposal generation, negotiating and closing long-term service agreements, and full commercial deployment at customer sites.
We are seeking an individual with a diverse, well-rounded set of skills, including outstanding capabilities in technology marketing, commercialization strategy, and customer engagement. In addition, this individual will have a proven track record executing and delivering similar types of assignments in a fast-moving and dynamic environment of a growing technology company.
- Establish, qualify, and maintain relationships with end user customers in target markets
- Develop business cases, proposals, agreements and POs for pilots and early commercial sales
- Identify, contact and interview prospective customers in target market verticals and build a pipeline of early adopters
- Work to commercialize early applications including field pilots and early commercial deployment with new technology adopters
- Help evaluate and prioritize Axine’s marketing strategy and prioritization of vertical markets including microelectronics, pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacturing, and others, as required. Understand market competition and map customer decision making processes
- As a leader in your field, provide input into business development strategy and tactics, sales processes, marketing strategy and collateral materials
- Develop and maintain rigorous standards for sales and business development documentation, customer profiles and reporting
- Help analyze competing technologies and benchmark with Axine solutions to establish corporate and facility level value proposition
The successful candidate will ideally be an Engineer with direct sales and technical marketing experience. Additionally we are looking for the following skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preference will be given to candidates with advanced degree related to Cleantech
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience in business development and sales with an early-stage water, wastewater or clean technology company
- Must have existing wastewater contacts and relationships in Axine’s target industrial markets
- Must have deep knowledge of and experience with industrial wastewater treatment technologies, costs, and suppliers including advanced oxidation, membranes, adsorption, biological and electrochemical processes
- Strong technology marketing, business development and sales skills working with early stage water/wastewater and/or clean technologies and a proven track record closing early-stage testing, piloting, demonstration, joint development and other commercial agreements and securing POs with large corporate customers
- Demonstrated capability to identify, establish and develop relationship with key decision-makers (management and facility level) at large industrial customers leading to early sales
- Demonstrated effective ability to succeed in a cross functional “team” selling environment
- Extremely strong written/verbal communications and interpersonal skills. Must be a persuasive influencer in the development process.
- Formidable personal sales pursuit and capture skills complimented by superb technical, analytical, strategic planning, proposal development/management and presentation abilities.
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, maturity and competitive drive to be successful.
- Must currently possess or be capable of obtaining Transportation Worker Identification Credentials (TWIC card)
- Must be a US Citizen or Eligible to work in the US without Axine sponsorship
- Ability to work independently and travel extensively within the region (up to 80%) to pursue the development of new business.
- Physically flexible and mobile with ability to lift 45 lbs, safely climb ladders or negotiate other terrain or field obstacles and provide basic mechanical site support.