Reports To: Director, Technical Services
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Requirements: Please note this position is designed for candidates with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a laboratory environment. Candidates must have a proven track record on lab safety, operating and maintaining lab equipment. Candidates who do not meet these criteria will not be considered.
About Axine: Axine (www.axinewater.com) is a leading cleantech company based in Vancouver, Canada. Axine has developed a breakthrough solution for treating toxic organics pollutants in industrial wastewater to address a multibillion-dollar global problem for pharmaceutical, chemical, electronics and other manufacturing industries.
Our technology is fully proven, we’ve secured early reference customers and we have a growing pipeline of multinational customers. We have an experienced leadership team with a track record of successfully building technology companies. We are entering a period of significant scale-up, growth and expansion and expanding our team.
The Role: Axine is seeking a Laboratory Technician to play a key role in the commercialization and development of the technology. Reporting to and working closely with the Director, Technical Services, this position will support assembly, operating, and troubleshooting of prototype wastewater treatment units in the lab. This will involve close collaboration and coordination with Axine’s Product Development, Lab Operations and Design teams. Axine is seeking an outstanding individual with a diverse, well-rounded set of skills and a proven track record executing and delivering similar types of assignments in a fast-moving and dynamic environment of a growing technology company.
- Assembly, commissioning, and operating test equipment
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure seamless and timely implementation of wastewater treatment test plans
- Collaborate with analytical, design and product development teams to identify/drive improvements for instrumentation, testing and data acquisition processes
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- Observe, record and interpret equipment operational and maintenance issues
- Ensure full compliance of operation with the Health & Safety, and Professional Conduct policies of the company and of customer sites
- Extended hours and shift work may be required from time to time
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Technical Diploma with background in environmental chemistry or analytical chemistry
- 3+ Years of experience in a lab environment related to multi-disciplinary product and technology development
- Hands-on individual with strong multi-disciplinary technical skills – demonstrated experience in diagnosing, repairing and solving system/equipment challenges
- Working knowledge of chemical safety (e.g. WHMIS 2015, chemical handling)
- Excellent critical thinking, analysis, and problem solving; ability to cooperate well with others; excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and flexible with ability to work with minimal supervision in field environment
- Physically flexible and mobile with ability to lift 50 pounds
- Must maintain a high level of integrity, maturity and competitive drive to be successful
- Effective time management and prioritization skills