Reports To: Controller
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Axine Water Technologies (www.axinewater.com) is a fast-growing, Vancouver-based, cleantech company that has developed a breakthrough solution for treating the billions of gallons of wastewater polluted with toxic organic pollutants and ammonia generated by industry every year. It’s a complex, multi-billion dollar pain point with significant long-term risks to industry, communities, human health and the environment. Axine has grown from concept to scale-up and commercial deployment with multinational customers, supported by a global network of world-class research agencies, suppliers, advisors, partners and investors. If you are passionate about environmental issues and want to be part of the solution, why not join an amazing team of smart, dedicated and entrepreneurial people who are committed to changing the world by delivering a paradigm shift in wastewater treatment.
Axine is looking for a proactive and detail oriented Accountant to join our team. Reporting to the Controller, the Accountant will be responsible for day-to-day book-keeping activities including accounts payable and receivable, in accordance with ASPE. The role is ideal for someone who is starting out in their accounting career. This role offers the opportunity to learn and grow in a dynamic work environment.
- Preparation of monthly financial statement package including variance analysis
- Process payroll for Canadian employees and US subsidiary
- Preparation of government tax filings (GST, PST, EHT, etc.)
- Process A/P invoices and expense claims, including verification, coding, checking for applicable taxes, confirming approvals and entering into QuickBooks.
- Prepare weekly A/P cheque runs, distribute cheques and file AP invoices.
- Record customer A/R invoices and receipts into QuickBooks.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account/bank reconciliations.
- Record fixed asset additions and maintain fixed asset subledger.
- Maintain purchase order log including receiving orders from couriers.
- Office administration including ordering supplies and maintaining the kitchen.
- Support with ad-hoc accounting duties and special projects as requested.
Required Skills and Experience
- 2 -5 years previous accounting work experience, in particular with A/P.
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel and Word).
- Previous experience with accounting software, QuickBooks preferred.
- Enrolled in a professional accounting program.
- Proactive, hands-on self-starter, passionate about learning and open to new responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Superior organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
Axine Water is an established growing clean tech company. The role offers a competitive salary and great benefits. This role will be perfect for someone an early career accounting professional who wants to work towards their designation. The position reports to the controller, who takes a keen interest in mentoring and developing talent.